Fish combinations Help & Ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I have my regular friendly community tank. It is transferring to the 72 gal heavily planted with lots of stones, so ample room to add to schools and shoals and great amount of room and good filtration Fluval FX5 and just got a Fluval 110 HOB.

But, there always is a but... some one gave me a few of their fish, I rehomed one to a more appropriate home, still have a 6-7" maybe female red tail shark, very shy and the most huge blue Gourami I have ever seen, pretty shy, 6-7" also and about an inch thick in the middle.

My friend and full time plus, student for nursing, has two fish left she wants to rehome to me, a 4" super shy silver dollar and a normal size blue gourami. I said no already to the normal pleco.

My fish are Harlequin Rasboras 8, Cardinals 15, few guppies, 2/ M & F Giant size Siamese Algae eaters SAE (7" came with the other giant fish) 6 Otos, 4 Cories, couple black skirts, Pearl Gourami very sweet, Betta, 4 Glowlight tetras, 2 Swordtails. Spotted Raphael Catfish.

I am trying to cut back on the number of tanks I keep. Should I try those all together? I already have a place to take the Red tail shark if it doesn't work out. All these fish coming to me are older, 7 years give or take.

Thoughts or ideas?

I will check with the party who offered her vast tank capacity for any who wouldn't work for me, if she has any Silver dollars. I don't care to add more of these to my precious tank space. Thanks.

Also your SAE's and the RTS will have issues, mostly the RTS will harass the SAE's.

Also your SAE's and the RTS will have issues, mostly the RTS will harass the SAE's.

These SAEs and the RTS were in the tank, though a heavily planted 110G vs my 72G do you think they still might co exist?

The SAE seem to move around a lot during the day and the RTS hides.

What kind of behavior would I be looking at? Biting? Would it be after the lights are out at night?

If they co-exsisted before they still might if there is enough space. You'd just have to try it and see. Aggression would pretty much be chasing and possibly some nipping. Just depends on the RTS's personality. I can't see any after lights out issue.

I will try and make her a nice cave to hid out in and see if that will keep her happy enough. The SAEs are having a great time just lounging on the driftwood for the most part. The RTS isn't in with them, yet.

RTS

She's turned at an angle away from the glass.

I held a cup over the top of her before I put her in the tank to be able to measure the length. It appears to be 6.375"!

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...357538233845&sads=r2lD092keQ0Khl1UtOMFGTdPOuI

Added a couple of the pics on my album. Click Autumnsky above my Avatar select view public profile then scroll down on the right will be my albums. Select Hex Tank and you can see a couple pics there of the RTS!

Thank you Majbarsalona. Probably 1-2 weeks before I get her in the 72G and get my phone replaced!

She is really majestic when cruising around. I just hope she wants to play nice with everyone else and I don't need to re-home her!

I hear that a lot about it being people's favorite. I never considered one since I had heard and known they can be territorial/cranky and need a big tank.

I am hoping for a nice one. So far it hasn't eaten the 3 Von Rio Tetra Juveniles in there with her. There are still a couple guppies in there too but not sure how many since it is a jungle.

I say "her" since it seems wide and not dark black, but more grey.

My cousin always had a RTS and it was cute, maybe 3-4", I think it died and got replaced by his mom, since I never saw it ever get any bigger - lol or sad face depending on if you were my cousin or the fish...

When I saw this fish I was stunned, like WOW. But the guy I got all of these fish from had HUGE fish, 6-7" blue gourami, BIG Clown Loach (the one I rehomed to person who has a huge tank full of them :) so it could be really happy) It was so beautiful too I would have loved to keep it.

Never imagined they got this big!

There is a lfs in Sacramento ca. They have a 1000 gallon aquarium with clown loaches many were a goid foot in length. Loved that store.

Back
Top Bottom