Fish compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanDamage92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have kept freshwater fish for ages however everytime I try and keep guppies it never seems to go well lol, the culprit was the black red tailed shark I had which has recently died, so today I have brought my new guppies 9 in all, in the tank is an x ray tetra, 2xkuli loach and a featherfin catfish, Will the guppies be ok this time?

I am worried about the tetra nipping at them and the featherfin catfish which I have had for a long time is getting bigger it hardly does anything, it stays in the same place all day but at night Im worried about them, Am I just being paranoid? Lol

Abit of a thread hijack =P But you should be fine with your tetra's i havent heard of any problems. Yeah RTBS are very hit or miss so i hear mine is the most friendliest one in the world and shares his caves with everyone! But you should be ok now =D

wow!!! i got a great rainbow shark.. similar to the RTB at least in looks...
a little giggle for you maybe? i have a juvenile guppy in a tank with female bettas and one male... well apparently the guppy came of age and decided that the male betta should stay away from his girls.. my lovely veiltail now looks like a crown tail.. hope you tank smooths out.. sound like you have a pretty calm mix :)

I have come home my my girlfriends house to find one of my guppies...dead, is there a culprit? Also another with a split tail...Now is it the tetra or the featherfin? I cant see it being the kuhli loach they hide all the time, The featherfin is going to outgrow the tank soon if he keeps growing so I don't know what to do!

Hey so all sorts has happened in the past few hours, I decided to ring around a few fish stores around my area and turned out this place would take my catfish, so off I went to take it and Im happy now it is going to go to a new home they also gave me a 1/3rd of what they would sell it for store credit so I brought 2 extra guppies, got home and decided I would start to set up a tank I have been meaning to for a while and use the remaining x ray tetra to cycle it, I took some water out the main tank and a sponge out the filter and put it in the new tank and added the fish...sorted, so now my main tank is full of lovely guppies which turns out the female guppy I got from the store earlier was giving birth so I got more than I bargained for! =P

Back
Top Bottom