Fish Compatibility Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have a planted 33 gallon (US) tank that I believe is only currently about half stocked when all the fish I have are fully grown.

I have 2 Marbled Angelfish, 1 Male Dwarf Gouramis, 1 Male Guppy and 1 Balloon Molly.

I used to have more guppys but they have been attacked by the dwarf gouramis. I can't put any small fish in because either the angels or dwarf gouramis will eat them.

So what interesting and colourfish does anybody suggest I put in? I was looking into a pair of Blue Rams but don't know much about them - would they be compatible?

You have so many options you have no idea. You could put all sort of tetras in there, swordtails, corydoras, rams, some kinds of catfish, and all sorts of stuff. It all depends on what you like and what your interested in.

With 2 adult angels your tank is pretty well stocked especially if they are a pair. If they aren't a pair you might have the same problem I did aggression and will have to separate them.

Reason number two for a new tank and reason number one for a new tank is I have room.

Rams would work and would fit in with no problems. They are low to mid level swimmers and the angels would leave them alone. The rams will go after the angels when spawning though.

look at giant danios or rainbow fish, they'll be big enough that even when the angels grow up they won't eat them, I have two angels now and the giant danios do well with them at about 2" apiece, mollies work too (swordtails, etc.) Personally I'd look for something that stay near the bottom like a gold dojo loach or bichir (I have a bichir with mine, he'll get too big for that aquarium though at a size relative to a foot in length) or something else neat for the bottom, or you could pick up some hachet fish (they stay near the top, usually the angels won't bother them) or some silver dollars would look nice but again, they get too big for a 33 gallon....I'd check out a gold dojo loach...that would be a really neat addition to your tank! and if you want some larger schooling fish go pick up a couple giant danios, they are very active and fun to watch

Back
Top Bottom