Fish compatible with CPD in a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosoxlobsterman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've finally switched up my 10 gallon tank that housed my fish from my previous apartment, planted it a bit more, and got a few celestial pearl danios (galaxy rasboras) and ghost shrimp in the tank right now. I want to keep it relatively low stock, and focus more on the plants, but it seems really empty right now, and I was wondering what I could do to fill it out a bit more. I originally bought 3 cpd's, but I can only ever find two now, so I'm assuming the other one didn't make it. So I will probably round out that school with a few more a bit later. Any other small, interesting, perhaps rare fish that are compatible with cpd's and ghost shrimp? Thanks :)

Stock now is:
2x cpd
2x ghost shrimp
2 swords, some rotala, some crypts, java moss, and wisteria

If you want to keep with nano fish, scarlet badis or chili rasboras are an option. Slightly larger neon and or cardinal tetras stay small enough for a 10gal 5-6 should add some more movement to your tank.

If you want to keep with nano fish, scarlet badis or chili rasboras are an option. Slightly larger neon and or cardinal tetras stay small enough for a 10gal 5-6 should add some more movement to your tank.

Ooo, those chili rasboras are beautiful :dance:
I do like the scarlet badis, and I have one in my 40B, but my lfs doesn't get them in very often. Thanks for the suggestions, those all look like beautiful fish :thanks:

I wouldn't do neons or cardinals in a 10 gal; yes they are relatively small but very active fish and should have more horizontal swim room; they also might be a little too rambunctious to keep with the more timid CPDs in a tank that small. You could do 6 CPDs, 6 ember tetra or chili rasbora (I have CPDs and Embers together and their colors go well together nicely; they even swim in a group sometimes) and one or two scarlet badis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom