Fish Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maggie5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just recently set up a 5 gallon fresh water tank and only intend to have 2, maybe 3, small fish. I started with two baby angel fish. One died within a day. The second one died the next day. The crazy thing is that I cannot find the second fish. I have checked the filters, moved gravel and inspected every crevice I can think of. Since there was no other fish in the tank to eat it, does anyone have an idea as to what could have happened to it? I also inspected the area around the tank on the sheer chance that it flipped out of the tank. Any input will be appreciated.

I just recently set up a 5 gallon fresh water tank and only intend to have 2, maybe 3, small fish. I started with two baby angel fish. One died within a day. The second one died the next day. The crazy thing is that I cannot find the second fish. I have checked the filters, moved gravel and inspected every crevice I can think of. Since there was no other fish in the tank to eat it, does anyone have an idea as to what could have happened to it? I also inspected the area around the tank on the sheer chance that it flipped out of the tank. Any input will be appreciated.

I'm guessing the tank isn't cycled right? Could have very well been stress. Also what size were the angels. 5 gallons is way too small for one let alone 2 or 3 but anyway...

Maybe it jumped out? Have you checked around the tank setup?

What kind of tank is it btw?

Fish Diappeared

It is a Aqueon Evolve Desktop Aquarium. Even though their passing is a concern of mine, I am really just more troubled about where the dead fish went. I did check surrounding areas to no avail. It might sound crazy, but I was just wondering if by any chance it could have disintegrated.

Thank you for advising against angels. Maybe something like 3 little neons will be the next fish I try. It's only a counter top setup so I know I will be limited.

Fish Diappeared

The angels were about the size of a quarter. Very small.

Fish Diappeared

I do have two small dogs. Never thought about it, but I guess it is possible that the fish somehow made it off the counter and onto the floor and they ate it. Oh my!

Just to let you know, 3 neons won't be good idea either, they're a schooling fish that need a bigger group. With a 5 gallon your pretty much stuck to bettas.

altho they were small, two angels in a 5 gallon was too much. small tanks can develop problems and quickly become a bad thing. for example, and ammonia spike in a 5 gallon will crash your tank quicker than an ammonia spike in a 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom