Fish eat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you think my leopard ctenopoma will eat my Bolivian rams someday when they are big? I don't think so, but the Bolivians only get about have their size. So far they all get along peacefully.

It will eat anything that will fit in its mouth. I love these fish but didn't get one, just for that reason. They are predators, after all.

Compatibility/Temperament: Though not aggressive, it is predatory by nature and should not be kept with smaller fish [see comments under Description]. It is also shy and retiring, so fish larger than itself may disturb it. In a larger tank it can be kept in a group provided all fish in the group are introduced at the same time to avoid territorial fights; otherwise, an individual fish in a 55g or larger aquarium works best, with a group of Congo Tetra, medium peaceful barbs, non-aggressive catfish as possible tankmates. Aggressive cichlids are not suitable tankmates as this fish will not easily defend itself.

Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/profiles/leopard-ctenopoma/#ixzz1rl4FycxU

LyndaB said:
It will eat anything that will fit in its mouth. I love these fish but didn't get one, just for that reason.

Yea, my wife did not consider comparably when she brought, not one, but two home. She really likes them, but my son loves the rams. I prefer to possibly upset them for a day rather than have any unnecessary deaths in my aquaria.

Back
Top Bottom