Fish eggs!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lozaroo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone!
To my surprise i have just found some fish eggs in my tank!
Couldn't figure out who are the parents but by watching them it seems to be my rams keep going back to check on them.

Would love to know info on the eggs.. how long will they hatch? ect..

Should i take them out?

I'm shocked because my rams are so tiny!

I added a pick ( eggs on driftwood)

Attachments

• IMG_20110602_025022.jpg
    IMG_20110602_025022.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 166
IME, it takes most cichlids a few spawns until they figure it all out. Take heart and keep doing what you're doing. Happy fish spawn pretty often. :)

They are pretty easy spawners but they do want perfect water conditions before they will The fact yours have spawned tells me you take very good care of your tank.

Maybe, but with an inexperienced pair, sometimes the parents will eat the eggs. Keep doing what you are doing and they will try again soon. :)

FWIW, I thought something had eaten my apisto eggs... turns out the parents have moved them as soon as they hatched. I found fry a few days later. Keep an eye out, but don't be too disappointed if you dont get them for the first few times.

I dont think it was the parents to be honest i watched them a fair bit they never nibbled them.. But they were not very protective ( young parents) lol. They let their guard down so pretty sure another fish or a pleco nomed them!

Back
Top Bottom