Fish food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HAnnAH10gal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I feed tropical small fish like neon tetras..mollies, corydoras. Chiclid pellets if I crush them? Those foods seem to have color enhancers and a mix of protein plus vegetable matter. I also am going to make diy gel food with gelatin and fresh ingredients. I've been watching you tube videos.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Blanched zucchini, romaine, or broccoli stems(peeled) make great and easy fish food that can be frozen for later. Every time I eat fresh broccoli I get some more fish food. Can't speak on the pellets, dunno.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I give my corys an occasional algae wafer but I also give them meaty foods like blood worms and brine shrimp. I would assume the ciclid food is ok. Is it sinking to the bottom where corys can get it?

Corys love cap brine shrimp eggs and golden pearls 300-500 microns.

I love those little panda Corys. They are adorable! I am planning on getting some. My tank isn't actually stocked yet. I am cycling it and figuring out what I want to stock it with.

Can I feed tropical small fish like neon tetras..mollies, corydoras. Chiclid pellets if I crush them? Those foods seem to have color enhancers and a mix of protein plus vegetable matter. I also am going to make diy gel food with gelatin and fresh ingredients. I've been watching you tube videos.

Yes you can. I think the big thing that makes them "Cichlid Pellets" is the size. I use a food called "New Life Spectrum". They have many formulas and sizes for all types of fish. It's a very balanced, heathy food for every day use.

Out of curiosity, why the interest in making your own food? Are you looking for better nutrition, lower price, or just something to enrich your hobby?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looked interesting. It's customizable and supposedly more healthy for fish. I figured if they get too fat in can be a treat if anything.

Back
Top Bottom