fish for a 20 g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bvmbics

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guy need help in stocking ::confused:what fish is most suitable for a 20 gallon tank currently i have 3 zebra danios which i would use for cycling and give them back once cyce is complete.I wanted to have gold fish but dont know if the tank size is sutaible
the tank runs on a cannister filter @1250L/hr has a water heater and 2 live plants on drift wood
Thanks

hey guy need help in stocking ::confused:what fish is most suitable for a 20 gallon tank currently i have 3 zebra danios which i would use for cycling and give them back once cyce is complete.I wanted to have gold fish but dont know if the tank size is sutaible
the tank runs on a cannister filter @1250L/hr has a water heater and 2 live plants on drift wood
Thanks

Hi again bvmbics

Just another side note. The optimum range for filter output for a lightly planted community tank is 4-6 x the volume of your tank. You should be looking at 480l/h output flow.

There is nothing wrong with over filtering but I have heard that above 4-6 x the output there is no increase in efficiency, also the current produced by the filter may not be suitable or be too strong for other fish. Danios will be ok I would imagine. Basically just keep your eye on how the fish react to the current.

Some people will be along shortly to recommend some good fish for your 20 gallon once the cycle is complete.

Instead of us trying to blind guess what fish you like, why don't you research on your internet what fish appeal to you then list your picks on here and then we can give you much better feedback. Only you know which ones and what types and shapes appeal to you. OS,

Instead of us trying to blind guess what fish you like, why don't you research on your internet what fish appeal to you then list your picks on here and then we can give you much better feedback. Only you know which ones and what types and shapes appeal to you. OS,
+1 take a trip to the Lfs and write down the names of fishies you like and we can give you some ideas in compatibility and what not..

I agree. See what's available in your area or order online. But I wouldn't go with goldfish IMO. IF you want a goldfish, you could only have just one, and I wouldn't recommend that for a 20g anyway. There's a lot of community fish that would make a great tank setup!

Back
Top Bottom