fish for my 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish-For-Thought

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an established 10g tank that used to house 3 mollies. When away on business my wife tried her best but they all died. So when I returned I slowly added a betta and 8 neon tetras. Did I hit my max capacity or do you guys believe I have room for maybe one more lone wolf type small fish? Seems that there is plenty of room but I don't wanna crowed my neons.

I don't think I would either. 10 gals isn't a large tank and Neons require a lot of horizontal swim space as they are active fish, in a 10 gal they're probably going to feel cramped as it is.

Fish-For-Thought said:
Drats well thanks! I can't wait to upgrade 10g is so limited.

I know what you mean i have a 10 gal with the same stock I still feel limited with the options I have for my two empty 25 gals your options really open up at 50+ gallons

In my 10 gallon I have a black Molly, Dalmatian Molly, gold dust Molly, sunburst Platy, glofish, and a blAck lace angel and they are all fine. Some people freak out and say that 2 mollies are the Max for a ten gallon but my fish are just fine

jrskater1999 said:
In my 10 gallon I have a black Molly, Dalmatian Molly, gold dust Molly, sunburst Platy, glofish, and a blAck lace angel and they are all fine. Some people freak out and say that 2 mollies are the Max for a ten gallon but my fish are just fine

I'm sorry but you are horribly overstocked
The angel needs 30 gals, the mollies 30 gals, the platy 20 gals, and the glofish 20 gals plus 5 or more others of it's kind
The angel will get 6-8 inches long and tall
All the fish will end up stunted and therefore dead
How do you know your fish are just fine? I'm guessing your ammonia is super high as are nitrites
Back on topic, you could have cpds, harlequin rasboras, Pygmy cories, and shrimp
Not all together though

Back
Top Bottom