Fish for new 30 gallon tall.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I plan to buy a new 30 gallon tall tank, and I would like to have big fishs in it.

I don't know if I prefer to keep a single big fish or more (like a big pleco).

It would be a low tech tank.

Tap parameters:
PH: 7
GH: 5 dGH°
KH: 2 dKH°
NO3: 0 ppm
PO4: 0 ppm

Thanks for any suggestion !

A 30g tank really isn't that big and depending on what type of pleco you'd need upwards of a 100g for certain species. You'll really have to do a lot of homework to see what kind of larger fish (which I'm not sure what you consider large) would work in that size tank.

Yeah.... can't buy bigger, question of available space... Maybe some cichlids could do the job... But would like to have something like 1 nice fish...

Is there 1 fish that can be big and live well...

Yeah.... can't buy bigger, question of available space... Maybe some cichlids could do the job... But would like to have something like 1 nice fish...

Is there 1 fish that can be big and live well...

You could keep a pair of rams or maybe a small breeding group of small African cichlids with one male and three females? Could a single goldfish work? Maybe someone could chime in.

Do you mean a big goldfish ? Water temp will be at 22-25C° (Without heater)

May a Tinfoil barb is ok ?

Do you mean a big goldfish ? Water temp will be at 22-25C° (Without heater)

May a Tinfoil barb is ok ?

No. They need 70+ gallons minimum. Plus they get over a foot long. What about apistos? I don't know much about them but they look cool.

[...] what kind of larger fish (which I'm not sure what you consider large) would work in that size tank.

I mean something like >10cm lenght.
I will like a or some fish that more a lot. I'll like agressive fish. May piranhas fit ?

Piranhas will get way too big.

Yeah I see that a minute ago on google... Maybe I can keep big misc fishs ?

I just see cichlids on google image, they look interesting. Will they be happy in a 30g? Can I mix species ? How much ?

Will they survive in soft water ? I can raise both KH and GH with sodium bicarbonate ?

Get convicts! I have a breeding pair in my 30 gallon. I am hybridizing black convict male with pink convict female. You dont have to breed them, and they have a great personality. They are awesome.

Lol, i just did a measurement of my tank and just found out i have a 30 tall too. You could get a pair of convicts... If you want to try and find a place that will actually take the fry... Or you could do a single convict and have it be your baby.

I dont know much about puffers, but i know you could probably get a few in a 30 gallon. Figure 8 puffers look cool, but i know next to nothing about them.

I'll have to flush thoses babys I think...

Thanks for all your suggestions, I finally decided to put Convicts, a male and a female in a 30g tall.

Here's my stock suggestions
A pair of bolivian rams
3 albino cories
3 bronze cories
6 neon or cardanil tetras
3 otos
6 red cherry shrimp

Back
Top Bottom