Fish friends???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last week I had lost my gold gourami :( but now I'm looking for a new addition to me tank, I understand that my current fish will get bigger but I will eventually get another tank, or sell them when they get bigger. I am currently looking at Red Turquoise Discus, I currently have a African leaf, African feather fin cat, black ghost knife, rainbow shark, and 3 angels. Would the Red Turquoise Discus be compatible with the fish listed? Also any recommendations would be helpful :D

Please share about your current tank. Size, filter, temp? pH and parameters... tank maintenance schedule. How long has this tank been up and running?/ stable?

What happened to the Gourami?

Research and more research is required before you take that step!

Discus require warmer water and very, very clean water, and several fish, sometimes a dither fish, mating pairs are sometimes needing to have their own tank, planted tanks are sometimes preferred, many times live foods, and pwc every or every other day, so much work to keep quality, happy fish. Depending on the source of the fish, many times are ill, have parasites...and expensive. Be sure to learn what to look for in an ill fish to help avoid that!

But all that said, once you get the combination right, it seems, are great rewards in their beauty and offspring. For all these reasons mentioned above, I have yet to take the leap myself. I, also have admired and loved, them since childhood! ;) My lfs guy specializes in them and has some beauties!

So I have a 55 gallon tank it's been running since the start of September I do a 10% water change every week and once a month I do 25%. My ammonia is 0 and ph stays at 7.5. I have some live plants but planting bulbs later today. The temp stays at 78-80. I have a stick filter that came with the tank( from petsmart). The gourami was weak and was sucked to the filter, I saw him once stuck to it so I saved him but when I came home from work I saw him stuck to the filter and half his body was pale white and the other was his original color. I currently have 3 angels, a rainbow shark, African leaf, African feather fun cat, and a bgk. When the fish get bigger I plan on selling them to the lfs or get a bigger tank, so space is not an issue. I feed my fish frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms as well, I also have flakes, pellets, and freeze dried shrimp and worms.

Back
Top Bottom