fish help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward198

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I own a 15 gallon tank which has been set up for atleast 2 months now.. the water is crystal clear and I think 2 months was a long enough cycle.

However I have 0 fish.. I am not wanting to come close to over stocking my tank I just perhaps want a small school of fish or one bigger fish that really looks good

Or perhaps two fish... you guys got any suggestions?

Yeah sounds cool.. anything else? Any type of gourami that looks cool? Is it possible to perhaps keep 1 or 2 cichlids?

A honey gourami and a electric blue ram or German ram or a gold ram

What are your parameters? Cycling has little to do with time and everything to do with your levels. A fully cycled tank will have
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates between 5-20
I might be assuming here but did you cycle with pure ammonia? The way your post was worded it sorta sounded like you set the tank up and let it run for 2 months and are calling it cycled. I am hoping that isn't what you meant.

What are your parameters? Cycling has little to do with time and everything to do with your levels. A fully cycled tank will have
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates between 5-20
I might be assuming here but did you cycle with pure ammonia? The way your post was worded it sorta sounded like you set the tank up and let it run for 2 months and are calling it cycled. I am hoping that isn't what you meant.

My tank does have 0 ammo and 0 nitrite not sure what my nitrates are sorry, I cycled with fish food (read online that this will create ammonia after.a couple of weeks) my tank went cloudy which I understand was a bacterial bloom and then went clear a week later and now has been for a while now..

My 2 cents......get an API liquid test kit so you can test ammonia, nitrites & nitrates & ph. You need to know what your nitrates are, you want 20 or less. If they re higher than that, time to do a water change then plan on weekly 50% WC s or more often depending on your nitrate levels. Then Google 'peaceful community fish' & research the ones you like the looks of.
Best of luck & hope you have many years of a tank you enjoy!

Also , PM me if you want. I ve tried quite a few fish combo s & finally have 3 50g s that are pretty harmonious.

You could get a nice looking male betta? African Dwarf frogs? I really like corydoras which would be good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom