Fish I.D. Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anybody ID these fish?

I thought they were rasbora tetras, but I don't know if thats right.

Attachments

• 100_0004.jpg
    100_0004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 88
They are deff not rasbora tetras, rasboras are very small and more reddish all over with a black shape from the back half of the body to the tail.

I can't seem to find that species of tetra on the internet, hope somone else can help ID those.

Mike, you have to compare the pictures better, they have similar features, but not the same, look at the color patterns. Your pretty much taking random guesses.

They look almost like my white cloud mountain minnows. A bigger closeup might be useful.
<WC's have a white edge to the dorsal & ventral fins .... can't quite tell if that's there in your pics.>

Attachments

• WC1.jpg
    WC1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I have had white clouds before, and unfortunately, they aren't the same. The line which runs down the body is much thinner on the white clouds. My fish have no color on their dorsal fin. The fin on the bottom is much smaller and tucked than the white clouds.

I got 15 of these fish about 2 to 3 years ago and every one of them has survived and grown quite big. I didn't know what they were, so I thought I would see if anybody else has them

My friend has some white clouds and they look exactly like the fish in jcarlilesiu's picture. Maybe it is a mutt? I have no clue but it sure does look the same... thicker black line with a yellowish one above it.

Rasbora borapetensis - blackline rasbora (among other common names)

FYI, there is no such fish as a "rasbora tetra". Rasboras and tetras are two unrelated groups of small fish. Rasboras are cyprinids related to barbs, and are found in Asia. Tetras are characins and are primarily found in South America, although there are some African species (such as Congo tetras)

Yup, these are brilliant rasboras. I've got 3 of them in my tank since their numbers have dwindled from 8 over a year ago.

i just have a pair left been a few yrs with them
img_937937_0_d340cddc5cbfcff8864ac6c779736b15.jpg

From my knowledge when I kept Freshwater fish they look more like Rosie Tail Barbs not part of the tetra family.

I agree that a better close up would help. Because alot of ish have different fin patterns. Take the white clouds for an example.

Mike47517> They have these over in Athens I was there last weekend. They were asking way too much for the fish @ $42.00 each.

Back
Top Bottom