Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaggey

Aquarium Advice Regular
What type of loach and gourami are these?

Attachments

• image-402860147.jpg
    image-402860147.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2768190874.jpg
    image-2768190874.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 111
Not completely sure, but pretty sure that's a yoyo loach, def not a queen or zebra (botia striata)

I'm really pretty sure it's a yoyo loach though, I know I saw the color too and was slightly puzzled but they can be sort of a dull colored and the pattern doesn't always have to be so distinct.

Yoyo loaches have a yoyo pattern down the side hence the name. That is a zodiac loach my friend :)

I googled all those, it's definitely either a yo-yo or zebra loach

Definitely not a zodiac or zebra, the striations aren't even close to the botia striata and the zodiac has a completely different body and face. It is a yoyo loach with the reticulated pattern it's an easy decision. Patterns can vary in all fish, just because it doesn't have extremely distinct Y's doesn't mean it can automatically be ruled out. Wait until he grows out and his pattern will change with him and it may be easier to tell, but I would bet money it's a yoyo or some new fangled alien prototype that came to your fish tank to read your mind and probe you in your sleep. Those are the only two options... Yep

Back
Top Bottom