Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396405505.950936.jpg is this a ram? It looks like one but I'm not sure

I have German blue, electric blue, Bolivian, and gold rams in my tank it's just this one his colors are off. He is a light ski blue and he is so much bigger then the rest. And yeah I have balloon rams and the long ones

That really does not look like an electric blue ram to me.
Looks like some other type of apisto, although I'm not sure what.
I thought EBRs had red eyes and their first couple dorsal rays were black like this?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396484383.303369.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396484383.303369.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 73
I was not aware that there was such thing as a plain german ram. I just thought there was german blue ram, electric blue ram, and the gold, angel, balloon, long finned, etc. Seems like the OP has plenty of experience with various types of rams, and the fact that he said it's larger and is growing faster than the others seems strange.
Well hopefully someone more knowledgable on rams will see this to clear up the confusion :)

Electric blue acara, aequidens pulcher. Not a ram. This fish will get around 6 inches, hence why it is growing faster.

100% positive

Electric blue acara, aequidens pulcher. Not a ram. This fish will get around 6 inches, hence why it is growing faster.

100% positive

Aca rly that's it! Just forgot what it was called
It is an african cichlid, which means.......
Get it back to the store, now

Aca rly that's it! Just forgot what it was called
It is an african cichlid, which means.......
Get it back to the store, now

Um, no.....do your research please.

Aequidens pulcher is native to South (and even central) America.
Blue Acara - Aequidens pulcher

While they are a nice species, they are not a good match for discus, as they don't prefer the high temps that they do, and can be a bit on the aggressive side (considered mildy to semi aggressive)

Um, no.....do your research please.

Aequidens pulcher is native to South (and even central) America.
Blue Acara - Aequidens pulcher

While they are a nice species, they are not a good match for discus, as they don't prefer the high temps that they do, and can be a bit on the aggressive side (considered mildy to semi aggressive)

:facepalm:
Don't know why I put african, I was thinking of another thread, sorry about that
But anyways, I would take it out

Back
Top Bottom