Fish ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover333

Aquarium Advice Regular
Saw a few off these in a tank at a restaurant..... They caught my eye and I was wondering if anyone could ID them. They looked to be almost 5 inches. Sorry about the kinda blurry pic, they were very active.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406677382.241935.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406677382.241935.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 134
Looks like dension barbs but not 100% sure

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, you're right. I just googled pictures and they're dead on replicas of the fish. Thanks for your help!

Your welcome. If I recall they are pricy. I think they go for around $12 us

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

$12 is the price I've generally seen for babies, they can get pretty expensive when larger

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My LFS has about 10 that are around 3" and asking $12 or 2 for $20.
Did not know they were on the endangered list.

I'd definitely snag some if ya can Mike, that's a pretty solid price! I love me some roselines!

Do it....do it....DO IT! Hahaha But in all seriousness, one of my favorite non-cichlids for sure, love these, especially in 75 gallon tanks with fish like severums ;)

Haha my LFS wants 2 for $60. Petsmart has them for $7. I would get them but the temperature is too far off in my tank.

Good stock is key for these guys though, they can have a lot of issues if not bred properly. If I was in the market, I'd look more into the LFS over the Petsmart, even at that price difference, although $30 is a bit steep depending on the size

Yeah, these fish I'm Pretty sure like temps close to 74ish. My tank is 82-86.

Back
Top Bottom