Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johny

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs has these, labeled "pink sunkissed".
Googling that trashes me to Victoria secret body mist and fabric patterns. Can anyone tell me a scientific name, or even a better common name? Id like to research them.
78af474997766779ff39421814013979.jpg
a249d3b7fe01adc856b15e5cd92a6cf9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

No idea, but they look like pink colored rams. Very neat! I failed to find out anything with google as well though...?

No idea, but they look like pink colored rams. Very neat! I failed to find out anything with google as well though...?

Those are not pink colored rams. Those are some sort of pink dyed peacock cichlid I believe. Im not sure about the species but Im 99% sure that they are artificially dyed. It really is a cruel process and I would not support it if I were you. Look up "artificially dyed fish" online if you want to see some other examples.

I know what artificially dyed fish are. I've seen plenty of "glofish" and what not.

So you would say they look like a peacock cichlid? I'm start there. I'm not a big fan of dyed fish. If nothing else i want to increase my recognition of different fish.

So looking at peacock cichlids on Google i think you are correct in the species.

The body looks right. I found a picture of one from another forum that looks similar. It was suggested that it may be a mutt. Any chance these are not dyed and just someones breeding project?

Here is a link to the post.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pea...hUH6GMKHVPBBv8Q_AUIBygB#imgrc=TWPCci5p1ud2nM:

Did you try asking your LFS? Even if they don't know anything about the fish, they should be able to contact their supplier to ask questions. Then there'd be no guessing :)

Look like dragons blood peacocks, which are hybrids, not dyed

Also, just an FYI, glofish are bioengineered, not actually dyed. Their DNA is spliced with that of a jellyfish or coral, and it breeds true. Just wanted to clarify that!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did try asking. The owner is super knowledgeable, but not often in when i stop by. His employees don't lie of they don't know the answer. I think the lady i asked will ask the owner about it, but she didn't know.

Good to know about the glofish.

Cool. Thanks for the help guys. Pretty sure they won't work I'm my tank, but its always fun to learn about new fish.

Back
Top Bottom