Fish ID help - Pictus, or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

Sold to me as Angelicus Catfish, I assumed at the time they were Pictus Catfish. But, they don't seem to have Pictus Catfish growth rate. Can anybody confirm?

Video:

Ignore the big fish who swims by, that's my Vulture Catfish.

Thanks,

Tim

It's a Pim pictus. I've got them too lol. One of my favorite fish.

Edited the info on the video. Thanks again. :) I was confused and under the impression that these guys were the big type of Pictus. Guess I am lucky that my big catfish seems to have a good relationship with them!

Edited the info on the video. Thanks again. :) I was confused and under the impression that these guys were the big type of Pictus. Guess I am lucky that my big catfish seems to have a good relationship with them!

Yeah they stay small(er)... Mine are almost 4 years old and top out about 6" long. In the wild, guess they can get up to 11" but not in aquariums! Their one of the prettiest, sleekest catfish IMO!

Yeah they stay small(er)... Mine are almost 4 years old and top out about 6" long. In the wild, guess they can get up to 11" but not in aquariums! Their one of the prettiest, sleekest catfish IMO!

They really are very cool. What's nice is that they are so active, and not afraid to be out when the lights are on. My big catfish just wants to stay in the shadows most of the time, but I do like seeing him swim when the lights are off.

Back
Top Bottom