Fish ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clare

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked these up at a local fish club auction last night - can anyone ID them for me - I though they were pretty and no one there could properly ID them except to say they were apistos....they are currently in my quarantine tank. Oh, the longfin albino bn plecos are ones I bred; they just happened to get in the pics :)

Thanks tons!
Clare

Attachments

• DSCN6632.jpg
    DSCN6632.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN6625.jpg
    DSCN6625.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN6620.jpg
    DSCN6620.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 90
I've never seen a fish like that before. But it's really cool.

I have no idea either, but it's a really nice fish lol

The duller ond is a jack dempsey cichlid, they are absolutly beautiful fish! They grow pretty big though but when their full grown they turn different colors, good luck with them!( i recommend putting them in a larger tank)

There's no JD in there, and yea that colorful one next to the nerite is some sort of killifish.

For the apistos, you could google image apistogramma and look through the pictures, there are several species and I'm not good at I.D.ing them.

Youre right sorry, i did some research my best guess is some kind of african, the colorful one is definatly a killifish

Thanks to all - killifish for the more colorful one and I am sure that the larger brownish one is an apisto just not sure of the type.....will keep looking :)

Back
Top Bottom