fish in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was cleaning my Fluval 205 and I dumped the water out of the main canister. I saw something flopping and it was a tiny green barb. Poor little guy got sucked in. Who knows how long he had been in there, at most two weeks. He was pretty stressed. I got him back to the tank, and he sat at the bottom, then moved to the top to hide.

I didn't know whether to put this under sick fish, or DIY. you see, he got in through my DIY skimmer. I didn't have any small fish before, so I didn't think to put a screen on the intake. I now have a circle of green scrubbie blocking the intake.

i know people have had issues with fry getting into the filter. most of the time theyre none the worse for the holiday. hope he's fine.

How did your fish not get turned to chum by the impeller? The impellers on my filters are all very tight fitting for more power, so I guess your lil guy must have gotten lucky.

it is a canister filter and the impeller is after the filter media, not before, like a HOB.

Is he still alive and kicking? Good luck!

I lost a runt barb that got stuck to the filter once... broke my heart.

I find fish in my HOBs all the time. Last week, I pulled three guppies out an AC30 and four guppies and five RCS out of an AC30. My kuhlis like to get into my AC70 too. I think I saw a chopped up RCS, but that's the first damaged critter I've found.

I had one fish jump into my Aqua clear one day when I was cleaning it. I did not notice him missing until I fed that night. Poor guy was stuck under the basket. I am glad I did not push it down really hard and crush him.

Back
Top Bottom