Fish in season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if fish (like fruit) go up in price during certain times of the year?
I remember looking at german blue rams that were like... $4-5 (this was before I planned on getting any) and now I can only find them for about $10.

Is there a certain time of the year they are cheaper? Or do I just have to get lucky??

Thanks

i thinks that's definitely true. i've only noticed one of the lfs will put fish on sale to get rid of the last ones a little while before they get a new shipment then bring the price back to normal once the new ones arrive but they probably all do that.

It also depends wich dealer you fish store uses i.e. quality etc ....

This is particularly true of wild-caught fish, but somewhat less so of farmed species....prices fluctuate, available quality and size fluctuate, and overall availability fluctuates. Seasonal changes affect the catching of wild stock, and since many Florida and SE Asian fish farms are fairly 'open-air', temperature and barometric pressure changes affect spawning in those, too.

Back
Top Bottom