....Fish is missing...trying to move tank -- Death toll:4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was trying to catch all my fish and dump the water out of the 10 gal because I wanna make space for tomorrow when I get my 20 gal and one of my gold longfin danios is completely missing, I have no idea where it is. Some of the danios were jumping against the side so I'm thinking he jumped out but I can't find him ANYWHERE! *panics and keeps looking*

Once, one of my fish managed to jump out of the tank. It had to be several weeks later that I found a dried up raisin of a fish. Prepare yourself for a grizzley discovery if it jumped out. :(

I know...I've had MANY a danio do this to me before...infact....I found out where my other one that randomly disappeared.... *throws it away* >_< blech... I can't find him though, and I've looked everywhere I can think of... poor fish....

Make sure you stick any decorations you had in the tank in a bucket of water. It can be very hard to spot a fishing hiding in some decorations. Did you empty the gravel? Hopefully you didn't accidently bury him alive in gravel while emptying out the tank. Keep hope alive though you'd be surprised how many missing in action fish turn up later like nothing happened.

No... I was stupid enough to put them in this little tank (with regular tank water and some other fish) not thinking they don't have labrynth organs like my other fish and they were in it for about 10 minutes while I was filling up the 10 gal, no oxygen and 2 are dead, they're not coming back

10 minutes wouldn't be enough time for them to die from lack of O2. They may be playing dead. Stir up the water and see what happens.

I did, they're doing nothing and the other one took at least 20 minutes. I have them in regular water now but they're NOT moving.

It might've been 15-20 but I was cleaning up water spills and crap too. X.x I feel SOOOOOO bad you have no idea.... I'MA FISH KILLER :cry:

O______________O SPUNKYY!!!!! *was just cleaning floor and found fish on floor, dead and slimy* MY POOR MOLLY'S DEAD NOW TOO! THAT'S 4!

Ugh! I thought I head counted her.... >_______< I'm having a really bad night with fish... I've had Spunky for about 5 months T______________T

I agree, that's not enough time for the fish to die from lack of oxygen. Fish are shipped in bags without airstones. Last weekend I drove 12 fish 3 hours from the lfs without airstones. They all survived the trip. Did you make sure to dechlorinate the water before adding the fish?

FishyFanatic is right. Even fish without labyrinth organs can and will breathe atmospheric air, as long as their gills are moist.

No I had them in tank water in this 1 gal tank with other fish (I mean most of the fish because i was in in a hurry and the bags were leaking everywhere so I gave up on them)besides the tetras in it and the other fish plus them used up the oxygen. X.x Then because I was flipping about my surviving tetra, I didn't realize Spunky had either jumped or splashed out of the tank I had them in and now she's dead. Well, what's done is done ....all I can really do now is learn from my mistakes X.x....annnnnnnnd end up buying Ruby 2 more school mates...

I've only had one baby molly, my gouramis, my danios and my betta fish eat when I put food at the top this morning*Cries* THE REST OF THEM HATE ME

Back
Top Bottom