Fish is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today I was on my way to buy more fish for my tank (glowlight and neon tetras) and before I went, I looked at my tank and saw my guppy has either ick or a small fungus. I say fungus because it looks like salt grains but a little bigger and on the fuzzier side. It is peppered all over the fish. So this gave me a heart attack because I had ick 5 months ago but no problems since. I have not added any new fish at all, only plants. But I wash my plants off really good before I put them in the tank. I did not see any on any other fish, so I set up my quarantine tank and I will buy Seachem's Paraguard tomorrow. I just hope the rest of the tank is not infected. I did closely look at all of the other fish and I did not see anything on them at all, and no other fish are flashing.

I am confident that the Paraguard with get rid of the ich/fungus but it is just heartbreaking to see. This morning, nothing at all on the guppy, and then BAM. I apologize for this rant, but I just wanted to share my story for the day. haha

Back
Top Bottom