Fish isolation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a green tiger barb and he is getting more and more aggressive and has been nipping the crap out of my other fish. To the point it killed my electric blue ram I just got for twelve dollars. I'm trying to get rid of him an I shouldnt have got him by himself or at all but I was new and started getting fish. So what I'm doing right now is keeping him in a two way breeder box I have for my live bearers so he doesn't hurt anymore fish. Is this a bad idea? Will it kill him to stay in there? I just don't have options really.

Lfs won't take it back? They should be sold in groups of at least six but twelve is better to keep the aggression to themselves.

Don't think the breeder box will kill him, but prolly won't be happy either.

I have to ask is the tank cycled? And what are your water parameters? From what I have observed keeping rams, they usually fight back and IMO a barb would be able to kill a heathy ram.

Lfs won't take it back? They should be sold in groups of at least six but twelve is better to keep the aggression to themselves.

I have to ask is the tank cycled? And what are your water parameters? From what I have observed keeping rams, they usually fight back and IMO a barb would be able to kill a heathy ram.

Just ticks me off when he does that so I wanted to isolate him. I just had to move my two dwarf puffs to a gallon and a half tank cuz they were bad. I'm trying to get rid of all of them

Last edited by a moderator:

A barb would NOT be able to kill a heathy ram IMO. Sorry for the missing word lol.

Back
Top Bottom