Fish limit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many fishes can I put in at a time in a tank?

That depends. Is your tank cycled? I wouldn't go adding a butt load of fish unless you have a QT tank to make sure they are not carrying anything and that they are healthy.

If this tank is cycled I would say maybe 1-2 fish at a time per 10 gallons would be a decent rule of thumb for a safe transition

That depends. Is your tank cycled? I wouldn't go adding a butt load of fish unless you have a QT tank to make sure they are not carrying anything and that they are healthy.

Yes it's cycled. So what's the lucky number? Lol

I would probably give it a week to add more. This is a conservative estimate to keep any potential problem from ammonia / nitrite. If you are diligent about testing your water parameters and doing water changes if anything is out of whack you should be able to add more.

I would probably give it a week to add more. This is a conservative estimate to keep any potential problem from ammonia / nitrite. If you are diligent about testing your water parameters and doing water changes if anything is out of whack you should be able to add more.

Exactly you don't want to overload your bacterial capacity. How big is this tank again?

Did you do a fishless cycle? If so is your tank processing 4ppm of ammonia completely in 24 hours? Reason I'm asking is because a tank cycled this way literally gives you a very high BB count which allows for a heavy stocking right off the bat.

Did you do a fishless cycle? If so is your tank processing 4ppm of ammonia completely in 24 hours? Reason I'm asking is because a tank cycled this way literally gives you a very high BB count which allows for a heavy stocking right off the bat.

No I did a cycle with fishes in it. Im very new to this. :/

Back
Top Bottom