Fish N plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
It has been a while since I have posted but my problem is that I have a fish that is eating my plants and not sure which one, here is a list of fish that I have:

3 Rosy Barb's
3 Praecox Rainbow's
4 Harlequin Rasboro's
2 Gold algae eater's
3 cory cats
5 Bumble bee goby's
4 ghost shrimp

Any idea's on how to keep them from eating my plants?

meegosh

here are the plants that I have so far in the tank that I can id:

Anubias nana
Cabomba
Rotala Magenta

interesting. i hadn't heard of any of those fish eating plants. are you sure it's a fish eating them or do they have some sort of deficiency? i could be way off base but it's just a thought. and it's a little off topic but aren't bumblebee gobys brackish fish??? i saw some at the lfs and wanted them but i don't have a brackish tank :( how long have you had them?

I do believe bumblebee gobys are brackish water, but I have heard of some people keeping them in FW. As far as I know they can survive in FW but they thrive in BW. Are you sure you don't have snails maybe? Too bad you haven't caught anyone in the act yet.

I have had the bee's about 3 months now and they are doing great so far, haven't lost one as of yet. As for the plants one of the kids in the tank is eating them I have some of the plants floating, this is what I have

DSC01186.JPG

DSC01187.JPG

DSC01189.JPG

DSC01193.JPG

logansmom, I have not seen any unusal snails. As you can see the pull at some of the plants but then the ludwig the have stripped all but the top leaves off it. The last pic they have pulled it from the log.

Strange. I suggest you post this over in the planted tanks section. You might get more feedback over there.

Back
Top Bottom