Fish Over Hauling... Going to be Over Stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going to Restock my tank.

29 Gallon Tank. Upgrading Filter x2 Gal Rating Thinking AC70?

6 Serpae Tetra
6-8 Neons
6 Glofish
1 Horseface Loach (Will Not Rehome)
5 Kuhli Loaches
1 Platy

Minor Planted Atm, Going to add more plants in Future.

Will that be to much Fish? Going to take PWC to 40-50% a week.

Yes that would be overstocked, IMO (the Loach puts you over). I also believe the Horseface Loach should be in a group of at least 3 from what I'm reading but you couldn't add more in a 29. Actually I'm reading they can grow up to at least 8" so your tank isn't going to hold the one you have for long either, sorry to say.

Can you switch the horse face for something differant? Maybe a smaller pleco like bn or rubber lip. Or you could get a couple ottos

I"m not sure but it seems like the OP already has the Horseface (as it says "will not rehome" next to it)? If so then a much larger tank than a 29 is probably going to be needed.

Oh i understand. Ya then you are stocked on the bottom, but if its small you should be ok for a little bit

Hes only 5 Inches, Hes been that size for the past 2 years, hes my oldest fish. Ive had him for around 4 years. He Seems to do Fine in my tank. Loves to swim in the Bubbles, from the bubble rod.

Back
Top Bottom