Fish personalities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesfoad

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is a topic on what fish have the funniest, cockiest, meanest personalities because I'm interested in fish personalities so if you know any personalities...⬇️⬇️⬇️

African reedfish (also called ropefish), looks and moves like a snake (no teeth), very peaceful with tank mates (as long as they don't easily fit in their mouth), and despite their lack of bright colors, it's personality alone has made it my favorite fish. They love to swim through tubes and in and out of caves. They are all over the tank, and I often find them hanging out off plants. They frequent the bottom and yet breathe air from the surface.
I hand feed mine frozen bloodworms, occasional small crickets, frozen mysis shrimp, and tubifex cubes. Since I started hand feeding them they have become quite interactive. Every time I put my hand in the tank they start circling and swimming through my fingers. This does however occasionally make vacuuming the tank a little more difficult.
They can be escape artists so you must have a secure lid and any filter intakes cannot contain holes larger than 1/4 inch.
(Please note some of these pics are before they were moved to a larger tank,)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554293.103121.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554293.103121.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 67
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554308.876809.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554308.876809.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 92
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554380.637137.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389554380.637137.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 70
African Leaf Fish: lazy lazy lazy but as soon as there is food all their fins stick straight out and they hover over as fast as they can. You can just see the excitement all over them. I have seen mine mistake something for food and get excited lol
Dwarf crayfish arent actually fish but..... I had one that would raise his claws at everything. He would raise his claws at me through the glass lol then he took to climbing as high as possible and spreading all his appendages and sky diving down the tank lol

In the past I had three line cories that loves to surf on the bubbles from a large bubble stone.

What are good tank mates for a rope fish? LFS has a couple and been debating getting a setup made for one or two. Haven't been able to find much info though.

I sent you a pm to answer this, rather than getting off topic ;)

Thank you, didn't mean to distract.

Back to the topic, my JD acts as the police man of the tank. He's 8" and shows no aggression at all. Instead, he breaks up fights going on between my other cichlids. When they start circling around or flaring at each other, he just swims in between them till they go their separate ways.

Also had a crayfish that would climb to the top of the fake plants I used to have then jump off. Figured out eventually that he was trying to land on the fish as they swam below him. And he got a couple.

Back
Top Bottom