Fish Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lev

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you all use really good cameras or am I doing it wrong? :-D

How do you guys get nice focused shots of your fish? I suppose other than the usual frivolous reasons it's important when we share snaps of sick fish to get help diagnosing a problem.

1485901658597.jpg1485901696743.jpg

I've been working on the command "stay" with them for months[emoji39]

Using an iPhone and I just get lucky every so often.

I've been working on the command "stay" with them for months[emoji39]

Using an iPhone and I just get lucky every so often.
We need to get them to some fishy obedience classes! I'm glad its not just me - although I have had 0 lucky moments so far except with the shrimp :)

The pics I just downloaded not to long ago the only ones that came out clear was of my angel fish and mystery snail but my platinum gourami kept moving I'm going to try the stay method it seems to work with you guys lol

Those are gorgeous fish! What strain are they? The yellow one looks a bit like s honeybee platy but I might be wrong. I only ask because I'm hoping to get some more platies and I love the honeybee, but have no clue where to find them LOL.
I can't help with the photography, I use my old iPhone and everything turns out terrible.

Fish are insane especially small fast ones to get decent pictures of I literally took almost a hundred to get this1485909783511.jpg the second one is how it looked for the rest of the pics good luck 1485909857989.jpg both are pictures from the same phone which really doesn't take good pictures in the first place moto x play

I use an iPhone 5, and I take tons of snaps until I get the one that shows what I want

If I give it a second to focus, the rest is just waiting for the fish to cooperate gImage1485912502.884521.jpgImage1485912562.536203.jpg
I also love the zoom feature for shots like this Image1485912598.914176.jpg

My krib is kind of a loner and laid-back so he moves kinda slow so that's how I got lucky with these shots.IMG_5646.jpgIMG_5655.JPG

I just got 2 of them they are so beautiful the smaller ones color is so nice

Those are gorgeous fish! What strain are they? The yellow one looks a bit like s honeybee platy but I might be wrong. I only ask because I'm hoping to get some more platies and I love the honeybee, but have no clue where to find them LOL.
I can't help with the photography, I use my old iPhone and everything turns out terrible.
Thanks! The yellow and black fish is Dippy, who's a bit of a lad. He is a Molly.

The other is Bruce, a western rainbowfish who is actually stunningly colourful (not that you can tell from the pic)

Been trying for months to get a photo of the bumblebee catfish. He practically bolts when I get the iPhone out, else the angelfish are photo-bombing in case the iPhone is a new fish food container (maybe I should tape a wafer to the outside glass or something).

I got some good pics with my Nikon D3300 because you can increase the Shutter speed fast enough to freeze the motion.
If you do not have a DSLR or such, try downloading Lightroom Mobile and use the camera feature on it in Pro Mode so you can increase the shutter speed on your phones camera.
Try a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second or higher.

Back
Top Bottom