Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

fish pooh

I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 bristlenose plecs, 3 dalmation mollies, 4 neon tetra and an angel fish. my question is this, my son in law who has a similar sized tank always seems to have ribbons of pooh all overs his tank and hanging from his fish, I don't seem to get this. I feed flakes and plec pellets once a day six days a week and mashed up peas once a week (I work on the premise that the stomach is the size of the eyes), should I be seeing my fish pooh more regular, sorry if this seems a silly or disgusting question but being somewhat new to this I would like to get it right

Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by affleck View Post
I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 bristlenose plecs, 3 dalmation mollies, 4 neon tetra and an angel fish. my question is this, my son in law who has a similar sized tank always seems to have ribbons of pooh all overs his tank and hanging from his fish, I don't seem to get this. I feed flakes and plec pellets once a day six days a week and mashed up peas once a week (I work on the premise that the stomach is the size of the eyes), should I be seeing my fish pooh more regular, sorry if this seems a silly or disgusting question but being somewhat new to this I would like to get it right
Sounds to me like you have healthy well fed fish your son in law may be over feeding an inferior food. I get ribbons when my plecos have pigged out on veggies. I put it down to all the fibre.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com