Fish react to flourish excel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have all S. American tetras, corys and cichlids. None have reacted at all to the Glut I add, but I use Metricide14 diluted 50:50 with distilled water. OS.

They recommend a big initial dose or any dose after a 40% wc, They say 5ml for 10 gallons. Than following doses should be 1ml for 10 gallons. So I dosed 10 ml or two cap fills for a 20 gal tank. Last night I just did the 2ml and they didn't react at all.

nothing according to recommend dose.
flourish iron make my amano shrimp jump for few minutes.

Initial excel doses is a bit poisonous. My shrimps really don't appreciate initial excel doses.

I won't dose excel under low light, or where there's no algae problems due to lighting.

Initial excel doses is a bit poisonous. My shrimps really don't appreciate initial excel doses. I won't dose excel under low light, or where there's no algae problems due to lighting.
I don't think I'll be dosing that much again, I do have a pretty bad bba problem at the moment, I run a 15watt t8 and led strip for 6 hours a day, I have been using flourish comp twice a week, I want some growth, anubais, java fern, dwarf chain sword, rotala indica.

For BBA problem, spot threat with a bit less than a initial dose.

1. Turn off filter/water flow, then wait 2 mins.
2. Take a seringe, and dose excel ON the BBA. Then wait 15 mins
3. Take some Hydrogen peroxyd 3%, and spot threat BBA with a serynge (I mean without the needle). Then wait 15-30 mins
4. Turn filters/flow ON.

You can dose peroxyde up to 1.5ml/gallon, it won't hurt.

It work really good for me. That don't harm fish/shrimps.

the BBA should turn pink/red after 1-2 days after the treatment, then dissapear after 1 week. Repeat this method after 4-5 days for remaining non pink/red BBAs.

Ok, what about aiding In plant growth?

If your plants look healty, then I would not add anything else than excel.

Personally, I sometime do a 1-2 days blackout, I mean just not open the lights, and the plants grow awesome !!

247070DSC04588.jpg

If you put a black background, your plants will look more green, and taking more space...

Your plants look great ! Give them the time.

Hi. I run my 270l tank with 2 x 42" T8 fluorescents for 13 hours a day. Dose Excel at normal strength every morning and inject Co2 to raise Co2 to 10-15 ppm by late afternoon. Plant growth is good and algae almost non-existent. BBA just withered away. Ph 7.2, Kh 6, Gh 6, temp 27C. Steve. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390409135.566017.jpg

Beautiful Scott!
I also use glut along with my pressurized CO2. So I went from being just a "glutter" to also a "gasser". So in using both I guess we could be called "Glutassers". LOL. Take care, OS.

I don't think I'm ready to do Co2 yet, my landlord has not said boo about the 3 tanks on the 3rd floor but a tank? He might be booing than..

Back
Top Bottom