Fish recommendations needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kgray084

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My daughter has a small tank with a glow tetra and a glow minnow of sorts. We are having a lot of Algae issue since I moved the pleco into my larger tank. Are there any small algae eaters that are compatible and easily found since we don’t have access to a lot of store options?

I'm new to the hobby but from what I read on the internet you can get the small cory catfish. I am considering them for my tank with my black skirts because my snail isnt keeping up

Corys dont eat algae. They might have a go at it if they are starving.

Snails and shrimp are a better choice. Especially in a small tank.

If you are having algae issues its probably down to too much light. How long are your lights on for? Do you have any live plants in the tank that require lighting?

What size tank do you have? Glofish are generally small schooling fish and need a medium sized tank to support the numbers they are happier at. Your tank size might limit what options you have for an algae eating fish.

I would go with 1 or 2 nerite snails. They are algae eating machines and won't overpopulate your tank since they can't reproduce in fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom