Fish Renting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive read these posts and with the exception of tetrin these seemed to be honest mistakes..
In the case of tetrin.. If you know what your doing Im quite sure the fish will be fine.. It just seems to me alot of inexperienced people do this.
me personally.. nothing will get me to purchase a pacu or channel catfish for my tanks.. I would advocate that the consumer inform the management at there LFS about the absurdity of these fish being for sale.. my mom and pop LFS do not sell these fish and Im sure they have there reasons..

With any hobby, you start off with nothing, the knowledge is gained through research and experience. Experience being the key.
As cruel as anyone may think it is, I don't see a problem with buying a fish, and returning it when it gets to big for your personal setup. I wouldn't do it, my fish are a part of the family, but I can understand that it is human nature to desire change, and/or fancy gimmicks.

IMO If anyone here can say that they have never kept a fish in "less then perfect" to their natural environment conditions while in the learning curve of becoming an aquarist. I would consider them a blatent Liar, and wish them all the best in their fairytale lifestyle.

rgds
Matt.

Back
Top Bottom