Fish road trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I am going to be driving out to San Diego in a couple weeks from tucson arizona to visit my mom. Not too far from her house is an awesome fish store unlike anything in the tucson area. I've always wanted to buy a bad *** rainbow from this place but I am unsure of its survival in a 7 hour car ride. What would be the best way of transporting the fish without the use of equipment of any kind(air stone, heater etc.)

It will be fine. Just open the bag every hour and move the water around. Or even better...if you could get a plastic container from your mom and ask the store to give you some extra water. A 2 quart container would be plenty big. Pulling the lid off and moving the water around every couple hours would be nice too. Also, keep the car warm so the water temp stays up. Are you going to have a partner on this trip?

Ive moved fish like that before. Go to walmart or any sports store that sells fishing gear and ask for a battery powered air pump. I normally use a air pump and an insulated cooler to keep the temp about the same

Back
Top Bottom