Fish room build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry I missed you Shane!

Any last minute advice? I am moving fish tomorrow

Good luck and start early so you don't feel rushed.
Have you tested new house water yet ?
If it is close to what you have now it will shorten your acclimating some IMO.
How many tanks are you moving ?

My plan is to start first thing. My daughter is helping me. I am going to have to wake her up

Water report shows it close. I did attempt to use tds meter but did not have anything to put water into. Had to use the faucet stream and that was all over the place

Only moving two tanks, 60 and a 40b. I am going to take some water with me

You should be fine .
Rinse any substrate you are going to re use thoroughly. It will cause more trouble then good quickly IMO once stirred up .

Good call on substrate. I have half pulled out of the sixty that I hit with pp a couple of weeks ago. I rinsed that this morning. I will need to rinse the rest of the eco complete from that tank first thing in the am. I am looking forward to having this done

In my naive heart there is no next. But yes, every time a big Cichlid fascinates me I think 20 long

So far, not so good. I moved them Sunday. It was cold here. I think the angels got too cool and I think a mini cycle. Down to 5 Leo’s. Hoping for a pair to rebuild once it’s over

I lost some old tiger barbs and columbian tetras. Endlers and Bolivians all seem ok

Changing water and pushing prime at the moment

Sorry to hear this .
I sure hope you keep your angels going.
Do you think the fish just got cold or did some other issue interfere ?
How are the tanks doing today?

I have 6 Leopoldi so I am just hoping for one pair. I finally found my tds meter. It ended up being a 300 point jump.

I have Ro I will be setting up. I think the bad stuff is past.

I think my biggest mistake was not bagging, boxing and then using heat packs. I used 5 gallon buckets and kept the heater running. I also should have known more about the water and not trust a water report

I needed to thin the Leopoldi herd. I did not want to do it this way. They are eating, it’s looking up

I am glad to hear you think they are doing better.
They should adjust but I am sure it was rough on them.
I move the rams 200 points in a day or 2 no problem.
What is the new houses TDS ?

The angel fish tank is over 500. The other two are 450 or so. Could be eco complete driving that, I’m not sure. I think the drama is done now. Need to get Ro going soon and start bringing them back to 200.

I have the 6 Leopoldi and three Cory’s intentionally in there. I have noticed a few endler baby’s that I did not catch 60 Gallons will hold them well I think and allow me to change water over in a moderate pace

That's pretty high !
I thought my 350+ was up there.
You're going to need a lot of RO to get to 200.
Without DI the unit may still shoot 30-50 TDS.
DI is expensive and exhaust fast.

I am rethinking some things. I am 25 miles from Ryan and 300 ppm different

I am rethinking some things. I am 25 miles from Ryan and 300 ppm different

That just goes to show how different water can be a short distance away or even close by if you are on a different supplier or source.
My municipal water supply is from local wells so it is not like others in the area necessarily. Although Saratoga is know for mineral water and the geysers in the nearby park [SPAC] ?

Back
Top Bottom