fish sitting on bottom of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

datozzie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi this is my first post and i need an anwser plz im worried about my fish, a fantail goldfish, is continuously sitting on bottom of my tank, gulping.I have just cleaned it about half an hour ago, im worried iv been told it may be nitrate or ammonia lvls, but i tested and they sed it was perfect so i dont no wats going on and im becoming a worry wart as iv lost 2 fish in my recent past alredy, not in same circumstances mind u but plz i need help

when dif you setup the tank? Did you cycle it? What kind of test kit are you using? If your using strips , I have to warn you that they are highly inaccurate and give you false readings .

How big of a tank is it? What kind of filtration are you using? A single fancy goldfish needs 20 gallons alone and 10 gallons per every other goldfish in the tank.

If you do see nitrites and ammonia, I would recommend to do water changes every day with additional prime (detoxifies ammonia and nitrites for 24 hours) until they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom