Fish Skeleton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skrapeNKA

Aquarium Advice Freak
Over the course of last three days I've added 13 Hengel's Rasboras to my 29g. I picked up 8 on saturday and they were drip acclimated over about an hour before going in, and the initial school took to my tank very well so I very clearly HAD to go adopt the remaining 5 on monday. Same process, except 1 seemed to be very stressed; swimming at the surface of my acclimation pitcher, and then swimming at the surface near either the heater or filter in the tank. Hoping to see that the little fella had recovered, first thing after work was rasbora counting. I gave up after reaching 12 every time, and after some closer inspection later I think I may have found the poor little fella...

Doesn't look much like a molt to me, and I can't find the missing rasbora anywhere. It looks kinda like a skeleton to me, but would the mild mannered peace loving RCS be capable of doing that in under 18 hours?! Or should I still be looking:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_175635.jpg
    IMG_20161213_175635.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 58
I broke down and pulled my prefilter off to inpsect a bit closer and that's definitely the case. Any thoughts if a QT may have helped or is a fish that stressed doomed either way? I only add fish after lights out and there's plenty of plants to hide in or behind if necessary.

Might depend on what caused the stress. I've had ones that seemed to be roughly caught and never done well.

Possibly in a QT they can recover somewhere quiet.

Some fish are maybe just unlucky. I put three bags of fish on kitchen bench last trip to lfs. Did something, turned back to see one bag roll off bench. Bag didn't break, all fish acclimatised fine into tank.

Back
Top Bottom