Fish stocking scheme help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christophilthy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright, so now that my tank has started cycling and is well on it's way, I've been trying to figure out a good scheme for my tank.

I have a 30 gallon planted tank with a Marineland Eclipse filtration system.

So far in the tank:

15 plants (6 large, 5 medium, 4 small)
4 panda garras

I have been researching a lot of the different fish and I would like to get some angelfish and guppies.

Also, I was wondering what your thoughts on with getting a Kribensis Pulcher Chichlid. I have read up on them and they say they are very peaceful and can thrive in a community tank. I just see that there are contradicting advice on their minimum tank size...some places say 50 gallons, others say 20.

If anyone has ideas about how MANY of each fish I should get as well, that would be helpful. For the angelfish, I was thinking 2, maybe 3. Guppies, probably like 6? If the chichlids, then just 1 pair of them.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Unfortunately I don't think angel fish are suited for a 30g tank, especially not 2 with other inhabitants

Unfortunately I don't think angel fish are suited for a 30g tank, especially not 2 with other inhabitants

Really? I don't want to do anything wrong and only want the best for my fish (which would always be a bigger tank!), but everywhere I have looked about angelfish, always suggest at least a 30g tank. Do they produce too much waste, or is it just that there is not enough room for them to stretch out and swim around? I understand that they can get up to 6 inches!

Its more of a size issue. I feel the same with my fish (not wanting to do anything wrong) so I'm always upgrading equipment and researching what I have!! Haha

Its more of a size issue. I feel the same with my fish (not wanting to do anything wrong) so I'm always upgrading equipment and researching what I have!! Haha

They already live in less than ideal condition in our tanks and I just worry about their well-being!

Ya I agree with everyone. I also wouldnt put angelfish with guppies and I wouldn't put guppies with a krib. Sorry.......
Maybe u should just pick one fish u like then find compatible tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom