Fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mooky9669

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon high tank with 6 zebra danios, 5 emerald green corys and a male red flame gourami. They do very well together. I've had the gourami for almost 2 years. Was just curious...When my Gourami, Freddie, dies, what other type of colorful fish could I replace him with beside a gourami. I love gouramis. Have had one since I had this tank several years ago, but curious about something else colorful that stands out and is a good tank mate with the rest of my fish. Thanks in advance...

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?
I think a 20 gallon high is 18 inches long x 12 inches wide x ???

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

The danios will probably die of old age before the gourami does. Danios also do best in long tanks (3 foot plus) where they can wind the pace up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom