Fish suggestions for a boring 55 gallon? (W/Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetmaxx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my 55 running for about 5 months now... It's great! I just recently bought a new 40 watt light for it, becasue i previously had a very oakie rigged thing going on.

Anyways, As you can see in the list in my signature, it's quite empty, esspecially since my corydoras hide a lot, and my CAE. Acctually I don't see the CAE very much at all... SO, I was wondering what kind of fish do you recomend as community/mild agressive fosh for my tank? Also I curently have 5 corys, because two of them had 3 fry, like 3 months ago, and i successfully raised them, but i wouldnt have too much of a hard time parting with the cory's, at least the adults, and keep the little ones i raised maybe?

I'm off to the aquarium store tomorrow, and might pick up some more fish, I know im getting a SAE for sure, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? Something colorful, and active that swims around a lot?

Here's some pictures of my tank, after I added the four plants on the left side, and the big castle thing in the middle, that all my fish hide in now...

new_light_hood.jpg

WhiteRibbon.jpg

Castle_Ruins_Decor.jpg

I've noticed my dig. camera takes very dark pictures (cant adjust the settings to correct) and the tank is much more lit up than is depicted here...
But I was curious about how good 40watts is? The hood came with a built in reflector...

I recommend angelfish :D 'cause they look beauty and not agresive suit for community tank :D :D :D

hmmm, yes i like all those ideas. I looked up the rainbows, and i really like those...

The CAE may not be a problem, as I haven't been able to find him all afternoon :( i'm pretty sure he is hiding inside the castle, but i wouldn't be against returning him to the pet store, he really isn't the greatest fish, i've just had it a long time...

for some color, you could add platys, swords, or rams.
the angels have been suggested, as gave the gouramis.

Clown loaches! Get a pair, and they'll never leave each others sight! A realy realy easy fish are guppies. Get a female and 2 males, and you'll always have new fish!

Back
Top Bottom