Fish Suggestions For My Betta Sorority?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grape

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank specs:
20g high
Filters: Top Fin 20 & Aqueon QuietFlow 10
Fish:
5 female bettas
6 Albino corydoras

Am I stocked? If I add neon tetras, 5 would probably be my limit. Is 5 too small a school? I was also considering a snail or 2.

Any other fish suggestions?

Female bettas should not be housed together.. sorry but I couldn't recommend adding anything to your tank until your current stock is corrected

Yeah, I have this set up for months now. I'm not "correcting" anything, so thanks anyway.

Female bettas should not be housed together.. sorry but I couldn't recommend adding anything to your tank until your current stock is corrected
thwy CAN be housed together,but you have to be careful about it. i would get rid of the albino corys,and get a bigger tank. a 20 high is not big enough for 6 female bettas,let alon the corys

oh,and i know you have 5,but 6 would be better

alLexX said:
thwy CAN be housed together,but you have to be careful about it. i would get rid of the albino corys,and get a bigger tank. a 20 high is not big enough for 6 female bettas,let alon the corys

oh,and i know you have 5,but 6 would be better

you're supposed to keep odd numbers. but I do agree you're about stocked with that alone. I would go with some snails or 3 pygmy cories but ask for a second opinion on the cories because ive only kept albino cories in a 55.

You probably couldn't put anything else in the tank because the stocking limit.

Ps. Neon tetras are a bad idea because they can die very easily!

you're supposed to keep odd numbers. but I do agree you're about stocked with that alone. I would go with some snails or 3 pygmy cories but ask for a second opinion on the cories because ive only kept albino cories in a 55.
corys have a minimum of 4. and the reccomemnded minimum for betta sororitys is 6

alLexX said:
corys have a minimum of 4. and the reccomemnded minimum for betta sororitys is 6

and there's your Cory advice. I actually only keep 3 females and im looking to add on two but I've never had any aggression at all. you have to take it case by case

and there's your Cory advice. I actually only keep 3 females and im looking to add on two but I've never had any aggression at all. you have to take it case by case
and how long have you had them?oh,and if youre talking about cories,its to minimise stress,not aggression

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up getting a couple of snails.

Back
Top Bottom