Fish tank stinks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

x-Sian-x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my fish tank for nearly 2 years and I have recently redecorated it but since I have been having a lot of trouble with it. It stinks of rotten egg you can smell it as soon as you walk thought he door and my plant has died. I have also had some White webbed like substance which I think was fungus but it was all over my tank and formed a layer on top of the water. The water is cloudy and very dirty even though I use the filter, and I would really like some new fish but I can't incase this might harm them please help as I don't know what to do or how to get rid of the smell I feel so sorry for my fish. Please help!

How often do you do water changes? You can add carbon to the filter to remove the odor.

we need more info!!! Like how much gravel-sand in the tank,what filters do you use and what fish are in the tank. How much and what do you feed.
your discription of the smell is hydrogen sulfied. which can come from build up in the gravel and rotting food.

Welcome to AA!

I have moved your thread to FW and Brackish- General Discussion. This should help you to get more responses.

Back
Top Bottom