Fish that should NOT be sold... or at least should come with a legal disclaimer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This may be a little different that the intent of the topic...
But what about those little plastic 2.5 gallon or 5 gallon tanks that have a picture on the box with 5 or 6 goldfish in it?! I HATE that! Talk about a recipe for disaster. :rocket:

But what about those little plastic 2.5 gallon or 5 gallon tanks that have a picture on the box with 5 or 6 goldfish in it?! I HATE that! Talk about a recipe for disaster. :rocket:

Yeah I agree, that bugs me too!

SO TRUE. In fact, I don't know why aquariums under a gallon aren't outright banned... there is simply NO good reason to sell them, as ABSOLUTELY NO species of fish could live happily in them... even tanks under 2 gallons are terrible... you can't heat them safely (unless you live in the sahara) and there are VERY few species of coldwater fish small enough to fit in such a tank :bad-words:

Obviously dwarf shrimp, snails, or plants would be great tenants for these tanks, but the market for something more 'fishy' is simply too demanding :(

haha, i did email them from an old email account (to keep out unwanted messages from my primary) and told them how inhumane and irresponsible it was to keep fish like that, and how dirty their tank was lol

I think its important to research ANY fish that you intend on purchasing and housing...I have bichirs and I love them.

Is your 150 a fresh? I want to get a big 125 or 150 1 day and make it a giant FW tank. If it is do you have pics?

the 150 is currently housing a red eared slider turtle that will soon be given too its rightful owner (I watched the turtle while they were in africa) , after that I will be converting it to some sort of tank, not sure yet, considered doing a 150 with a wolf fish, really want an arrowana but feel a 250 is needed to keep that fish happy...so not sure yet...

Since someone else posted a craigslist ad... here you go. Free Oscar with 10 gallon Fish Tank

This is why the information on how big they get needs to be repeated everywhere and why the inch per gallon rule needs to be replaced with solid info. I'm almost certain that this person probably heard the inch per gallon thing at a chain store, believed it, and is now dealing with the consequences.

I hate reading those ads, if I did I feel like I'd own 4,000 fish tanks...so sad, they deserve a better quality of life than that

I have always wanted to set up like a 1000 to 2000 gallon tank and throw all these fish into the tank that people neglect. Sadly i can't. :(

Back
Top Bottom