Fish that will eat Copopods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there any fish out there that will eat small copopods? I have a million of them almost litterally and I really need to get them under control.

Is there any fish that will eat them and possibly get along with neon tetra in a 10 gallon tank?

Most fish can't handle the hard-shelled copepod species and, unfortunately, that's probably what you've got in your aquarium. The best way to knock the population back is to give your aquarium substrate a couple of good vacuumings over the period of a few days to remove the detritus that they're feeding on.

-Joe

I am willing to bet there are some loach species that would take a liking to them. That would be the first kind of fish I would try on them.

How big are the pods? I know my rainbows will try and eat anything that floats by, and readily hunt down and eat baby guppies, I'm sure they would eat them if they pods were big enough to be recognized as food. Other than that my next suggestion would be a diatom filter.

Back
Top Bottom