Fish to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightningryan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 5 neons and 5 blackskirts in my 10 gallon.
It is almost done cycling .
once it is done i was thinking about getting rid of them to get different fish.

what fish would be good for a 10 gal
hardy
dont poop alot
dont require Tonz of maintence

Thanks

Let me know

the fish you have already would fit your needs well

unfortunately 10 gallons dont have too much of choices except for a small school, you could do a few dwarf cory's and some zebra danios

or, for algae eaters...ottos or clown pleco

whatever you feel and looks right for you

your tank is fully well stocked as it is. If you got rid of 5 fish, either neons or blackskirts, i would suggest you keep the neons though. And you could get a dwarf gourami as your "centeripiece fish. And a couple of Otos and maybe 3 corydora catfish for your cleaning crew.

AshleyNicole said:
your tank is fully well stocked as it is. If you got rid of 5 fish, either neons or blackskirts, i would suggest you keep the neons though. And you could get a dwarf gourami as your "centeripiece fish. And a couple of Otos and maybe 3 corydora catfish for your cleaning crew.

so you are saying get rid of blackskirts and add:

dwarf gourami
couple of Otos
and maybe 3 corydora catfish

all in the my 10 gallon tank???

That seemes overstock to me

It isn't quite because it gives you a mix of top, middle, and bottom fish. IMO, you could do without the ottos though.

Some people have trouble keepping otos well fed in smaller tanks. They need lots of fresh veggies.

You are way overstocked right now. I would suggest you get rid of the black skirts and keep the neons and buy an apple snail and be done right there.

lightningryan said:
AshleyNicole said:

so you are saying get rid of blackskirts and add:

dwarf gourami
couple of Otos
and maybe 3 corydora catfish

all in the my 10 gallon tank???

That seemes overstock to me

well you are already overstocked as you are, im just suggesting you change 5 of your fish so you have a mixture of fish. And you can keep an Otto or two as long as you supplement their diet. And one dwarg Gourami is only about 2-3"
Also.. as long as you keep up with water changes, it wouldn't be bad, i think it would be better than what you have now. Of course, im partial to the Cory's.. you could always do ghost shrimp or something like that.. even an apple snail. And i just suggested oto's because they stay small.. i don't even think you'd want a small pleco because they are messy

ultimately its up to you, im just giving my opinion.

I already have 2 apple snails with all my fish.

snails arent fish so it doesnt make it anymore overstock because they are snails not fish

if you are set on getting rid of the neons and blackskirts, I would suggest replacing with 2 Peacock Gudgeons/Gobys and a pair of Scarlet Badis Badis/Dario Dario.

Great fish and perfect for a tank of that size.

steve.

lightningryan said:
I already have 2 apple snails with all my fish.

snails arent fish so it doesnt make it anymore overstock because they are snails not fish

no, snails aren't fish, but they still poop and add to the bioload.. LOL

Back
Top Bottom