Fish to replace my bala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost my bala to a dumb mistake the other day and am going to get something to replace him tomorrow since my roommate works at petsmart and has 30% off. I am thinking of getting 2 Denison barbs to add to the 3 I have already. The tank mates are 2 angelfish my 3 denison barbs 2 bristlenose Plecos 1 pictus and 2 striped Raphael catfish. Would that be best or are there some other nice active fish I could get. It's a 55 gallon tank by the way

I lost my bala to a dumb mistake the other day and am going to get something to replace him tomorrow since my roommate works at petsmart and has 30% off. I am thinking of getting 2 Denison barbs to add to the 3 I have already. The tank mates are 2 angelfish my 3 denison barbs 2 bristlenose Plecos 1 pictus and 2 striped Raphael catfish. Would that be best or are there some other nice active fish I could get. It's a 55 gallon tank by the way

Probably best to find out why the shark died first before getting new fish

I've done that. I once killed an entire tank of fire rasboras that way. I felt so bad. :(

I would go with the denison barbs, personally. They are so nice looking I would just want to have more. :)

I've done that. I once killed an entire tank of fire rasboras that way. I felt so bad. :(

I would go with the denison barbs, personally. They are so nice looking I would just want to have more. :)

:O oh dear. Touch wood. I havent done this yet, but then i treat the water before putting it into the tanks.

:O oh dear. Touch wood. I havent done this yet, but then i treat the water before putting it into the tanks.

I fill every tank with a Python so I dose as the tank is filling, except for that unfortunate instance. I've been in the hobby for over ten years and at least I've managed to only do it once. :(

I fill every tank with a Python so I dose as the tank is filling, except for that unfortunate instance. I've been in the hobby for over ten years and at least I've managed to only do it once. :(

Yeah and it must of taken at least 5 to get your 9000 posts! Accidents happen and im sure ill do it one time, probably as soon as i get a tank too big for using 25l drums for pwc.

I got the 2 denison barbs to add to my school. I can't wait till they grow bigger. They are doing well in the tank with the ones I already have. Here are some pics of the new ones

Attachments

• image-3380630127.jpg
    image-3380630127.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2329233686.jpg
    image-2329233686.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3463655621.jpg
    image-3463655621.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 60
Those look super nice! They are pretty plump, which is good. I'm sure they will color up in no time. :)

Back
Top Bottom