fish tool box....any ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
alright, heres my thing, for every person in my fmaily and friends that I've gotten into fish keeping, they always call upon me to come check something out with there tank. well thats fine by me ya know, but carrying all the test kits and chemiclas around in bags is pretty gruesome considering I don't drive! so I'm gonna make up a tool box for tank stuff. any ideas besides the usual test kits, nets, tubing, valves, etc. etc. I'm looking for the not so obvious but useful stuff...thansk guys and gals!

I guess test kit, tubing, valves, razorblades python or small pump, a log or journal of each so you can keep track of your maintenance history..

OH YEAH cant forget that, maybe a scraper for dried algae? pH down and up formula, and Aquasafe (stuff to remove chlorine and metals from the water)

tropicfishman said:
forgot about the silicone! lets not forget the really important one! ASPRIN and instant coffee lol lol

lol as important as asprin and coffee are.........they both have to take a back seat to DUCKTAPE!

:)

Skip the pH altering chemicals all together.

Test Kits, nets, aquarium salt, dechlorintaor, gravel vac, mag float, razor blades, air line, small bag of filter floss, carbon, melafix and pimafix (if you are talking about diseases), air stone, and tube cleaners.

Yeah definitely leave the ph up and down at home (or better yet in the garbage). That stuff causes way more trouble than it is worth.

Bring the invoices though! :wink:

Maybe you could have separate kits depending on what they are calling you for? Like a 'sick fish' kit and a 'maintenance kit'?

yeah I don't use ph altering chemiclas at all, it is a good suggestion I just don't use them. Now on the other hand, the duct tape was pretty good LOL its funny becuase I jimmied to pieces of hosing together with some duct tape and a small piece of plastic pipe LOL I tell you it actually worked better than buying a sleeve to pu tthe two pieces together OLOL

Back
Top Bottom