Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2017, 04:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fish war ?

Can I keep GBR with my angelfish or will there be a war ? They will be in a well populated 90g

Old 10-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They both reside in different sections of tank. The GBR will stay close to bottom in most cases ,while the angels swim mid /upper levels. With enough cover they may not bother each other much.
Imo GBR should be #1 fish in tank ,so if not 82 degrees with other 'more' compatible fish I would be leery. Many rams seem to have short life span in compare to many fish as it is.
Also IMO angels are the opposite of their name and only fish faster then them live in peace with them...

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am new to German blue rams but mine are in complete harmony with angels. Both mind there own business. I even don't have a big tank. It's a 50 gallon and I have German blue rams for a week now and both angels and rams are getting along fine. Rams are docile. Usually square off with other dwarf rams unless they layed eggs they are peaceful to other fish.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can actually throw a little insight into this scenario. I've kept rams with angels briefly and the angels terrorized the rams. It's only at feedings. Tank may be calm 23 hours a day but at feedings all hell would break loose.( Spawning is an entirely different scenario and I have no insight there, speculation would lead me to Michael bay movies when everything explodes all at once and an angel comes swimming from the flames, triumphant) I really don't like angels, theyre nasty little things. Now... I did throw an electric blue ram into my discus tank, he was a widower, sub male in a formerly 2 pair tank. He chills with 8 discus ranging from 2-3", alpha male will whoop the other discus during feedings. Last night the ram had every other off the food, little guy went bonkers. The discus wanted nothing to do with him. If you've watched an angel/discus eat than you'd be as shocked as i am. Rams are such dainty little eaters, I mean they eat but more of a picker than vacuum..cant make sense of it? Discus were like.. "who's this little Smurf eating all my food?!?! Hey Smurf!!! That's my food!!" Smurf is like a little line backer..
Old 10-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
I can actually throw a little insight into this scenario. I've kept rams with angels briefly and the angels terrorized the rams. It's only at feedings. Tank may be calm 23 hours a day but at feedings all hell would break loose.( Spawning is an entirely different scenario and I have no insight there, speculation would lead me to Michael bay movies when everything explodes all at once and an angel comes swimming from the flames, triumphant) I really don't like angels, theyre nasty little things. Now... I did throw an electric blue ram into my discus tank, he was a widower, sub male in a formerly 2 pair tank. He chills with 8 discus ranging from 2-3", alpha male will whoop the other discus during feedings. Last night the ram had every other off the food, little guy went bonkers. The discus wanted nothing to do with him. If you've watched an angel/discus eat than you'd be as shocked as i am. Rams are such dainty little eaters, I mean they eat but more of a picker than vacuum..cant make sense of it? Discus were like.. "who's this little Smurf eating all my food?!?! Hey Smurf!!! That's my food!!" Smurf is like a little line backer..
Hahaha very nice explained Brookster. Glad no problems in my tank so far. At feeding times Angels don't harass them and they don't harass angels. My rams love to stay in plants mostly. Swim all around tank but there favorite area is densed plant area. I love these small guys. Breathtakingly beautiful.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks

Thank you both for your help GBR it is then
Old 10-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccy View Post
Thank you both for your help GBR it is then
Sure. Good luck.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com