Fish web hosting and such

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferret

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've come to a decision to sit down tonight (Or sometime this weekend) and rework my webpage some. I'm gonna make a more informative and better organized section for my tanks, and fish. Then I can just put the link in my signature and take up less space in the forums :p

I am pondering offering hosting services to members of this forum. My server is up 24/7. It runs on a DSL line that occasionally (Every 2-3 days) may go out for upwards to 15 minutes, but is otherwise stable. For my and your purposes, this is more than enough.

I'm looking for one or two volunteers who want to compile all their information together, such as tank size and brand, filters, heaters, etc, and maybe even get some pictures together. PM me if you're interested. AA members only, and this 'service' would be aquarium related only.

For reference, I'm a computer programmer, so depending on how much time and effort I can spend on this in my free time, I should be able to churn something pretty cool out. At the very least I will be willing to host images for people who can't find a web host of their own that satisfies them. I will not be imposing any size limitations, as the server has about 25 gigs free at this time.

That's a very nice offer!

I am working on doing something sort of similar with my website. The funny part is when I bought the domain name years ago I wasn't really thinking about fish, but it actually fits perfectly.... ourglasshouse.com :D

ferret - I have ton of experience with web design and development and do freelance stuff all over - I'd love to see what you come up with and if you want, offer some suggestions. I have yet to compile any good pictures or anything of my tank because it just finished cycling and I am waiting a bit longer before I get my permanent habitants - no more money :( but once I do, I'd love to participate

-Tony

Back
Top Bottom